Motoring enthusiasts from around the world will gather in Geneva between March 8th and 18th for the city's annual motor show.
The Geneva International Motor Show is one of the biggest events on the global car calendar, with manufacturers from several continents showcasing their latest production vehicles.
Before you fly to Geneva to see the latest offerings in the metal, here’s a sneak preview of this year’s show.
2018 trends: electric is the new hybrid
Car technology is moving away from hybrid vehicles faster than ever, and embracing fully-electric engine systems. At this year's Geneva show, some of the biggest names in motoring will launch their flagship electric SUV production models:
- Jaguar will launch the I-Pace SUV, its most innovative vehicle to date, at this year’s show.
- Audi’s E-Tron, the other major luxury electric vehicle to hit the market soon, will also make its production debut.
Both of these models are set to compete against the Tesla S, which was the only electric luxury sedan on the market until recently.
The top-end Bentley Bentayga electric model is another contender in the luxury electric category.
Luxury and speed: new offerings from McLaren, Audi and Ferrari
While electric vehicles are set to dominate the high-tech side of this year’s show, the high-power category remains as popular as ever.
German, British and Italian powerhouses by household names Audi, McLaren and Ferrari will make their debut at this year’s Geneva International Motor Show.
- The Ferrari 488 GTO, with its 3.9L V8 and an expected horsepower just shy of the 800 mark, is a much-awaited grand tourer.
- The new Audi A6, which shares some of the A8’s sleek looks, is set to compete with the BMW 5 series and Mercedes-Benz E Class which have already been launched.
- The McLaren Senna, named in honour of F1 legend Ayrton Senna, is the latest supercar offering to be launched at the Geneva Show.
Flying to Geneva for the show? A private charter jet is the right choice
If you’re heading to the Geneva International Motor Show, don’t settle for sluggish performance from commercial airlines - a chartered flight will get you there in time and in style.
Our competitively-priced charter flights are ideal for executive groups and families. Visit our booking page today to request a quote!