June 15th to 17th marks an important weekend in Switzerland’s LGBT calendar, with the Zurich Pride festival set to draw thousands of spectators and participants again this year.
Now in its 24th year, the festival – which started out as Christopher Street Day – has become a symbol of Zurich’s liberal culture and cosmopolitan outlook.Book your flight
A celebration of freedom and identity at the 2018 Zurich Pride Parade
The festival is centered around the annual Pride parade, which takes place on June 16th .
- Crowds will start to gather at Helvetiaplatz at 12:00.
- After speeches (beginning at 13:00) the parade will commence from 13:30.
- After making their way over the Sihlbrücke, parade participants will head for Paradeplatz
- Finally, the parade will return to Kasernenareal where the festival itself will take place over the weekend.
A week of top-class, LGBT-friendly Zurich entertainment
June 8th to 17th is Zurich Pride Week, and the city’s hottest entertainment spots are fully embracing the opportunity.
Some of Zurich’s most exclusive cocktail bars, restaurants and cafes are ready to provide an unforgettable experience for visitors to this year’s Pride Festival. Some of the many highlights for visitors include:
- Barfusser – Europe’s first-ever gay bar, established in 1956. The contemporary menu features sushi, with cocktails and a great atmosphere setting the scene for an exciting evening.
- Turbinenhalle – one of Western Zurich’s favourite restaurants, with excellent casual dining, designer desserts, and an extensive range of wines and cocktails. Turbinenhalle is a favourite meeting place among LGBT diners.
- Angels, Zurich’s premier LGBT events organisers, are famous for their extravagant parties – including the “Kitsch” and “White” events. These parties combine chic venues, the best contemporary music, and the best entertainment the city has to offer.
The perfect city for an unforgettable weekend
Zurich’s location in Central Europe makes it ideal for a weekend away at the Pride Festival - and since time is the new luxury, the ideal way to get there is by private jet charter.
If you’re planning a trip to Zurich during Pride Week 2018, we’d love the opportunity to arrange a comfortable, hassle-free charter flight for you and your guests. Get in touch today for a quote!Book your flight